"You can't spoil a child with LOVE"

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Advice from the Thrifty Mom

I for one would classify myself as a "thrifty mom" & I gotta say it helps save in huge ways. My advice is that if you can live w/o it, you don't need it! (pshhhhhh....thats b.s.) Sometimes you just WANT IT!!! haha but If you can shop around for it, take the time & do it! For instance, Clothes- go to the thrift store or consignment, you get wayyyyy more for your $$$. Yes that one little outfit will look cute and adorable, but there are plenty of outfits that look just as cute and adorable and you can get 3 of those instead of 1!!!

Toys- first think, how many does your baby have similar to the one you are looking at? If you are like me, you would say, they don't....you know they do haha! And so this is where it gets tricky, if its anymore than 10 bucks...go to at least 2 consignment shops and I guarantee you will find it for less!

As for big equipment type items, that you just can't have hand-me down, (crib, carseat) follow these steps, Walmart, Ebay, Amazon then if you can't find it cheaper than Babies R Us, look for online coupons to at least cutdown the tax and/or shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment