"You can't spoil a child with LOVE"

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Breastfeeding

OK, so I know this can be a touchy personal subject for most but i'd love to hear everyone's view on it! I mean I know back in the day it wasn't so popular b/c doctors didnt encourage it....but now a days its pretty clear as to why its so beneficial!!!

I am still breastfeeding, Autumn is almost 7 mos old and to date she hasn't been sick & never been in less than 60% of her growth charts at her well check-ups. Now I know I could just be " lucky " but I believe that the breastmilk is quite the reasoning behind her quick development and strength. 

But I will tell you, the classes do not prepare you enough!!! They pretty much rely on the fact its " natural" and the baby should " just latch on" but sometimes...its quite the opposite :)

Now im not judging in the women who just couldnt do it, and may have had lactation problems, this is just for the ones who want to give it a whirl!


Formula is fine, it works, enough said, I am an advocate for breastfeeding but I understand :)


Autumn latched very well but in the wrong spots, haha. she'd go too much to oneside or not be comfotable and squirm...I had lactation nurses in and out of my room every hr! I was sweating bullets/crying/tired...you get the picture! I couldn't believe how unprepared I felt. My poor Allen, he just had to stand there and let me yell at him as he tried to help me out!

Thank God for Allen, if it wasnt for him helping and encouriging me to push forward with it and keeping at ease as I struggle to do whats best for our girl!!! Idk if I would have been as successful as I am now as a breastfeeding mother! 

Ladies, if you wanna do it, You can! But understand that you have to commit to keep trying especially when you really wanna make that bottle!!! yeah its easier, but you are whats best! I know you are tired, thats why hubbies need to step up! I had SIX pillows surrounding me every two hrs, to help me position and feel comfy! I would at least two wks before you get the hang of it, now i walk around holding her and breastfeeding, and if I'm feeling extra daring, sometimes only with one hand!!! 

Feel free to share your story :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have brest fed lachlan....I pumped the whole time he was in the hospital...but when it came time for him to start bottle feeding only brest milk...he didn't want it! Turns out lachlan is a picky eater like his mommy and does not like brestmilk....go figure

    ReplyDelete